We arrived in London on the 2nd after a quick flight from Switzerland. Our air bnb was in the neighborhood of Bethnal Green which is a mix of community housing and up-n-coming trendy spots (including some great restaurants!). Though pretty far from city center (45min commute by tube to oxford circus) it was perfect to come back after a long exhausting day in the city and was a nice change of pace. It also allowed for us to get out of the city a little and as my mom would say “actually see where people live!!!” <– she loved that phrase. BONUS: our neighborhood was close to the trendy/artsy/boutiquey neighborhood of Shoreditch which mike and I explored on the 3rd day. Below is a brief outline of what we did and of course, tons of photos to show off the beautiful London.
– Toured around town on the hop on hop off bus – though we actually never got off, just took a cruise around the city 🙂
– Went to great sushi place called “Lingo”. Recommended by the Nespresso store guy and now recommended by the Tamuras (+Northfield)
– Nespresso store (course)
– Saw Jersey Boys -when you go into a show with zero expectations, it really turns out well! The man at the counter couldn’t believe we didn’t originally want to see Jersey Boys. We humored him and did it for my mom, really.
Today was a lot of sightseeing -typ tourist stuff haha
– Big Ben, other sights, and museums
– Actually got off the hop on hop off bus!
– Saw pretty much all the bridges
– Went to dinner at “Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese” which was a super authentic, old/crumbling pub with multiple basements. Highly recommend.
- – In the morning Mike and I went to Shoredich neighbourhood and saw some stuff:
- – Box park -super neat stores made of old shipping containers
- – Redchurch street shops/coffee: Aesop, Allpress Espressobar, Kit & Ace, etc.
- – Unto this last -unique furniture store
- – Material – GREAT book/notebook store
- – Tokyobike – super neat design/bike store. 10/10 aesthetic
- – Attendant – Cafe with a pretty cool interior
- -Went to this amazing mexican place called DF Mexico and I highly highly recommend it. They were all super nice and the drinks were bomb (like chia limeade) and of course the food was fab.
day 1 (below)
Day 2 (below)
views from the eye
Day 3 (below)
Different stalls inside box park (above)
unto this last in shore ditch
attendant in shoreditch
Thanks London for the memories. I’ll be back :’)